CaracterísticasDelivering the explosive charge of the latest hi-def movie soundtracks
is Monitor Audio’s diminutive MASS home cinema system. Its sculpted
space-efficient design, packed with technology and easy-installation
features, offers jaw-dropping audio dynamics with décor-friendly
styling, making the introduction of high quality home cinema sound
into any living space a simpler and more satisfying experience.
For the style conscious film fan, it’s high-definition heaven.
DeSIgn for SounD
The MASS system is an expertly conceived union of precision
engineered acoustics and aesthetics. Forty years of awardwinning
audio design has been focused on the architecture
of the two main system models: a compact satellite speaker
and active subwoofer. Both are ground-up designs,
involving the specification of wholly new signal path
components to redefine the performance possible
from low-profile cabinets. Computer simulation,
exhaustive testing and in the final analysis,
dedicated listening have created perfectly
optimised audio products, bristling with
our flagship technologies and tuned as
one to reproduce the widest, cleanest
spectrum of frequencies for a truly
captivating home cinema experience.
M A S S 1 0 S A t e l l i t e A n d C e n t r e
The compact MASS 10 satellite speaker and its centre-channel
counterpart have a stylish construction of rigid polymer, enveloped
in a black cloth finish and crowned at either end with contrasting
solid aluminium end caps. each polymer shell is ribbed internally
and enhanced by variable wall thickness to produce the most
inert enclosure for the drivers: a specially developed 1” C-CAM®
tweeter and a 4” C-CAM mid-bass driver.
Ace of Bass
Underpinning the superb mid-high frequency refinement of the
MASS satellite is a bass engine of equal calibre. the W200
powerhouse is primed with the precision-crafted ordinance of
10” bass drivers – active and passive - and a potent 220W Class d
amplifier. the amp is controlled by an advanced dSP, custom-tuned
in the software to optimise driver response. it powers a side-firing
10” long throw C-CAM bass driver equipped with a huge, dual stack
magnet system to keep bass lines perfectly in time. Complementing
the active driver is a passive 10” Auxiliary Bassradiator (ABr).
the drivers work in tandem to generate the output and scale
normally associated with ported designs, but with the fast accurate
transient response of a sealed box. the dSP also offers tailored
bass curves for fine-tuning the deep, sustained bass delivery that
distinguishes the best home cinema systems.
the MASS system is a tour-de-force of lifestyle design,
engineered to reconcile competing demands for living space,
easy installation and great sound. Its MASS 10 satellite can
be wall-mounted using a single point fixing located on the rear
panel, which dovetails with our optional universal wall bracket to
offer an easy, secure and reliable solution. the centre version is
supplied with a soft rubber stand, which tilts the speaker upward
from a table, shelf or rack, and dampens any transfer of vibration
between the two.
When wall mounting is not ideal, a dedicated MASS floorstand
with integrated cable management offers a wonderfully
stylish alternative. the stand is pre-wired and locates with
the MASS 10’s high quality speaker terminals via a pair of
connecting rods, leaving floor level terminals to accept the
cables from the AV amplifier.
MASS 10 and centre
• 4” bass midrange driver featuring C-CAM® cone technology.
• Specially developed 1” C-CAM tweeter design featuring
unique venting and rear loading chamber – low resonance
design to provide clean, pure sound.
• d amped polymer moulded cabinet with internal ribbing.
• Curved cabinet helps to eliminate unwanted standing waves.
• Single point fixing (1/4” UnC) for universal wall bracket
installation (not included).
• Concealed, discreet cable termination inside end cap using
binding post type connection.
• Single bolt through driver and bracing system, for increased
overall bracing and rigidity.
• Single rear mounted port featuring HiVe® technology for clean,
powerful, punchy bass.
• Black cloth finish with contrasting solid aluminium end caps.
• o ptional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
MASS W200 Active subwoofer
• l ong throw 10” sub bass driver featuring
C-CAM cone technology
• 10” flat ABr (Auxiliary Bass radiator) – tuned for
tight, fast bass punch
• 220 watt class-d power amplifier
• d SP providing accurate filter characteristics
• Advanced limiters designed to ensure the W200
never loses control.
• 3 x pre-set bass modes (Music, Movie, impact)
• 12V trigger input – ensures W200 switches on
and off with other equipment.
• Heavy duty MdF construction
• d iscreet black cloth finish.